Sunday, August 22, 2010

National Library


For nearly two months of waiting to go explore the National Library, mom and dad finally brought me there. It was a total awe moment for a while because all I dreamed of were there. The chairs, the tables, the books, the shelves, the counter and everything else. Unfortunately, certain things disappoint me in some way. The place is huge but they made the place be filled with unnecessary stuff or should I say, with nothing at all. At least put books that might as well fill up the space. I still think that library in the movies are way cooler.

Nonetheless, the books I encountered were interesting! It has a wide range from history-psychology-philosophical-FICTION. I think it's time for me to widen my horizon, to explore new and educational things. When I was younger, mum used to buy me books about nature, history and one thing I will never forget is an encyclopedia book which I still have it in the cabinet. As a little girl, all I had in mind was story books. It didn't hit me at first but now as I look back again, I regretted not reading educational books to let my infant mind grow to a higher level. Anyway, I still do think that story books help to build up the mind in a way that I can think creatively. I could write stories of magical fantasies that may not be the best but I could go on and on about the fairytale world.

Mum and Dad were occupied with our Malayan histories. I am amazed with our warriors who fought for our country. Without their sacrifice and determination, we wouldn't live peacefully in our country. So, basically we started with the upper floor which was the 4th floor and came down to the 3rd, 2nd, 1st and finally to the ground floor. We had to cross to the other side of the building to rent books. Mum found it really troublesome having different buildings to rent the books. What's worst was that, the amount of books that we came up to was not as satisfying as the one we went. The one we went before was learned that it was only for reference.

In the end, dad borrowed two books and so did I. Dad borrowed books about histories. One was about our Malayan warrior and another one was about world history regarding the Jerusalem. The fiction books were too juicy so I ended up borrowing two of it. Will do a book review about them soon after I finish reading it.

And for the icing of the day, I bought my baju raya :).

yours truly,
helinna

No comments: